Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New tubes... oh, and new tires too!

At lunch today I made a trip to the friendly neighborhood bike shop and picked up several tubes, a box of CO2 cartridges and a handful of GUs.  Tonight's project was to install a new pair of tires I received as a Christmas gift a couple years ago. 

Daniel helped me get the job done in the basement, though he seemed more interested in walking off with my tire levers.  Apparently tire levers are the perfect thing to slam dunk in a Little Tikes basketball hoop.  Who would've thought, except an almost two year old.

New treads mounted.

The new tires are the Hutchinson Fusion 2.  They are relatively light weight and I hope to like them as well as the Vittoria Rubino Pro Slicks that I rode for a couple years.

Over the winter I had a pair of inexpensive Performance Forte GT2 Kevlar tires on the Litespeed.  I posted about them here.  My overall thought on these cheapies is pretty negative.  They rode horribly harsh.  I had to run them at 90 to 95 psi to tolerate the ride.  Plus, they were very, very difficult to get on and off my wheels.  But I guess they served the purpose of being a low cost tire I could run on the rollers or take outside on winter rides when the roads were snow free but covered with junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment