Monday, April 5, 2010

Expired tubes?

Well, let's replay my statement from two days ago:

Come to think of it, in my seven years of riding I can only recall three flat tires, including the one today.

And replace it with a new statement for today:
In my past three days of riding I've had two flat tires, including one today.

On the way home from work I was taking my usual short cut through the Boy's Village parking lot when I received a jarring shock from my rear wheel.  I looked back to see what I had hit and really didn't see anything. 

Hmmm... I paid attention to the bike for the next 30 seconds or so as I rolled along but all seemed well.  That is until I went to clip in after stopping at Back Orrville Road while on Geyers Chapel.  Apparently my rear tire had gone flat as I waited for traffic.  I slowly pedaled across Back Orrville Road on the rear rim and found a happy place alongside the road to swap tubes.

After thinking about how I had just made a blog post regarding my minimal experience with flat tires, I had to pause the tube replacement for a picture.

Temporary workshop on the SW corner of Back Orrville and Geyers Chapel.

So now I'm wondering if my current batch of tubes has passed their expiration date?  No matter, I'm out of tubes now anyhow and will have to restock!

No comments:

Post a Comment