Saturday, November 7, 2009

Warm, Sunny & WINDY in November

One week into November and we are treated to a 66 degree, sunny day.  I have not been out on a ride since last Saturday due to a nagging cold.  There was plenty of coughing and nose blowing in the last week, but no bike riding for me.  With today's warm weather I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a ride in short sleeves.

The wind was really stiff, 20 to 25 mph according to the Weather Channel.  Everywhere I looked flags were standing at attention and leaves were on the run.  It was actually distracting as I rode past corn fields, several times I mistook the rustling of the dry corn leaves as an approaching vehicle.  Yeah, I'm not sure how wind blown corn plants can sound like a vehicle but they did.


Steady winds blowed from the SSW.

I made a conservative loop out through Moreland and passed by the Kister water mill on the way back.  My route was appropriate for the wind, as I was given a boost on the final leg while riding NE on Millbrook.


Kister water mill.

Surprisingly to me, I only had to stop once during the ride to evacuate my nose.  Hopefully being out for a little exercise will help me shake off this cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment