Monday, November 23, 2009

Pedal to Church

Daniel's runny nose kept him from going to church, and Katie decided it was her turn to stay home with him on a Sunday morning.  While eating breakfast the thought occurred to me that I could ride to church.  Yes, no, yes, no, yes, no... I couldn't decide.  A second cup of coffee at 8:45 convinced me to ride.

Partly cloudy skies and a heavy morning dew joined me on the roads.  I rode up Overton and turned east on Smithville-Western to climb to church.  Just before starting up the hill I zipped the arms off my convertible jacket and removed my winter gloves, I didn't want to accumulate too much heat.


Smithville-Western heading east out of the Overton Valley.

At church I walked my bike into the classroom for our ABF (adult bible fellowship) class and had a seat at ten before ten, about five minutes late.  Maybe I should have climbed faster, but at least I wasn't a sweaty mess.  I sat down next to Ryan figuring he would be least mindful of a lycra clad person beside him.

On the ride home, I rode back into the valley on Smithville-Western and climbed McAfee up to SR539.  I passed several hunters, including a young boy in the front yard  of their house with his dad and a deer.  I knew it was the opening weekend for youth hunters.  I wondered if it was the boy's first deer.  He seemed to be looking at it in an odd fashion, like "are you really dead?"

 By noon I had already ridden, been to church and ate lunch.  A good way to start the day!


Let the light shine through.

No comments:

Post a Comment