Monday, October 5, 2009

New Camera Working Well

Last week KT suprised me with a new digital camera for my birthday.  It's a Canon Digital Elph SD1200IS and is very compact, the perfect size to fit in a cycling jersey's pocket.

This morning I decided to commute to work and try for a sunrise picture.  It occurred to me that a slight alteration to my usual route would provide an elevated view to the east.  I rode across Valley Rd. to Batdorf Rd. and stopped at the top of the hill, overlooking the Prairie Lane area to the east.  After trying a couple settings on the new camera I captured the following fiery sunrise picture.



Satisfied with the sunrise pictures, I was about to get back on the back when I then turned around and saw a nearly full moon still high in the sky.



The 40 degree morning air was making my fingers cold, so the gloves went back on and I continued my ride to work.  I'm impressed with this little camera!  More pictures to come.

- AAron

No comments:

Post a Comment