Tuesday, September 29, 2009

BDAY4ME

Today would be my birthday.  I enjoyed a visit from my parents as well as a delicious dinner by KT.  Mom's apple dumplings made for a perfect dessert.  DNL entertained us during his longest ever sit at the table in his high chair.  Many people said "Happy Birthday" today.  A nice day it has been.

Last night I declared I would ride to work this morning regardless of the weather, perhaps as a birthday gift to myself.  I set my bike out, with new light attached, and laid out my gear to greet me at 6:30 this morning. 

I was on the rode by 6:40 and it was an exhilarating ride, complete with spotty rain and wind gusts of 22mph (per the Weather Channel).  Fortunately the wind was mostly at my back or side.  Several strange looks were received by coworkers as I rode into the building.  Hey, it's my birthday and I wanted to ride!

- AAron

No comments:

Post a Comment