Saturday, September 12, 2009

First post! Two rides in one day.

I guess this would be the first post to my freshly created blog.  Hopefully it does not become stale too soon.  My intention is to use the blog as a diary of sorts, to record notable rides, projects, and more.  So without further delay...

On my first ride of the day... I left home around 8am.  With RF planning to race at the Knob tonight I was riding solo.  The first destination was Fredericksburg, which brought the climb across Harrision Rd. west of Fredericksburg into play.  I stopped at Lem's for a morning coffee.

Munson Knob from Shreve Eastern Rd.
In Fredericksbug I jumped on the bike trail and rode to Holmesville.  The trail was pretty much empty of other users so I had a nice time trial south.  In Holmesville I left the bike trail behind and ventured acrosss a series of county and township roads, resulting in a not so direct routing to Shreve.

By this time the morning clouds had lifted and blue sky was in full affect.  I was wearing arm warmers with a short sleeve jersey thinking the warmers would be pulled mid ride but they remained on arms for the full ride.  My guess is the temperature did not make it much above 70 during my ride.

Blue skies on Springville Rd.

From Shreve I connected Jefferson, Springville and McKee Roads to get back home.  While eating lunch and sipping another cup of coffee I decided to start this blog.

Second ride of the day... with DNL under the care of Grandma, KT and I headed out for an afternoon ride.  We did a loop that passed us through the Killbuck Marsh twice: Messner on the way out and Willow on the way back.  It was a nice ride beneath the continuing blue skies.

KT riding east on Messner Rd.

And now... it's getting close to game time.  I wore my OSU jersey today but I'm not sure it will be of any help for the Bucs tonight against USC.

On the way home from our ride KT and I saw the Goodyear blimp,
presumably flying south to Columbus for the game. 

Signing off,
AAron

No comments:

Post a Comment