Saturday, May 25, 2013

Out and Back

Ryan and I headed down to Mohican for an eight mile out and back ride.  It was a busy day on the trail.  We saw quite a few trail runners and mountain bikers getting in some miles before the races.

Disappearing into the green.

I did a test run with no hydration pack.  My bottles were on the bike and tools in a seat bag.  I think this is going to be my plan for the Mohican 100 next weekend.  It was noticeable not having all the weight on my back and I think this will be a positive for 63 miles of riding.

While the bike/gear setup is looking good I am still concerned about my sore left knee.  It's been nagging me for a couple weeks now.  Icing every night, taking it easy, or taking it hard have not made much of a difference.  At least it's holding steady and not getting worse.  It didn't really seem noticeable during the ride today and hopefully does not detract from my race.  One week to go.

Two bikes on the roof!  It looks
so awkwardly cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment