Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross

A box arrived from Black Mountain Cycles a little while ago with my new monster cross frameset!

 My crew handles the delivery.

Mike Varley, BMC proprietor, was very helpful in the process of choosing a frame size and placing the order.  These frames are designed by Mike and built to his specs in Taiwan.  He orders fairly small batches of frames to sell in his store or via his web site.  There are a couple color choices with each batch and the current offering of orange really caught my attention.

 Monster cross!

The plan is to swap all the components from my Scattante cross bike to the BMC frame.  The cheap Scattante bike has served me pretty well but it certainly had some quirks and did not have a very good ride feel.  I expect the BMC frame will provide a notable improvement in ride.

Time to move the parts from left to right.

No comments:

Post a Comment