Sunday, February 10, 2013

Opposite Direction

The weather was expected to bring warmer temperatures today and wind from the north.  I mapped out a ride heading north and back for several hours of riding this afternoon.  On the way home from church I noticed the occasional flag pole we drove by showed wind from the south / southeast; time for a change of route.

Can you girls check the weather on that thing?

 Ryan and I headed down to Millbrook Road and worked our way southeast toward Shreve.  The temperature was warm, mid 40's, and the wind was in our face.

Shreve Lake was frozen.
 
The skies were overcast.
 
We road south into Holmes County and found some township roads to pedal eastward.  The chip and seal surface frequently changed to gravel and mud.  I thought we were on a good streak of gravel when my map and the road in front of us did not agree.

But my map shows an outlet.

 A slight reroute brought us back north and we rode around Shreve again before taking a few gravel roads through the swamps.  We made a few detours on the way back home to maximize ride time.  Nice day to be out!

Only a few hills on the ride today.
 
After Ryan headed for home Daniel asked if we could go for a bike ride.  Of course!  I finished spraying off the road spray, wiped the bike down, and Daniel and I rode some laps up and down the road.
Making the red bike go!

No comments:

Post a Comment