Sunday, December 9, 2012

Test Piloting

Considerations for a new cyclocross bike are underway for Ryan.  I tagged along on a trip to Century Cycles to check out a Raleigh cross bike.

Ryan rides Raleigh.

The overcast day turned to a drizzle just as we headed out on a test ride.  The sales guy at shop asked me if I was going to ride too and I seized the opportunity to spin a Surly Cross Check.  It was a smooth ride on the steel frame and the down tube shifters were a fun throw back.

Surly and Raleigh.

We rode around on the back side of a shopping plaza.  The Raleigh was looking sharp and Ryan was liking it.  Ryan did not buy the bike today, maybe he is going to ask Santa Claus for it.  Forget the sleigh and reindeer... Santa can ride to Ryan's house on a cross bike, dismount, and hop down the chimney.

The Surly Moonlander.

I couldn't resist a lap around the show room floor on the Moonlander.  It's a fat tired freak show but seems like it would be really fun bouncing down a trail.  I asked Daniel if he would get more for Christmas and he said, "sure!"

The other green bike test ridden.

No comments:

Post a Comment