Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunny Sunday Afternoon

How long has it been since I've ridden a road bike?  I know it took multiple pumps to get the tires up to pressure, meaning it's been several weeks.  This afternoon was a superb time to give the Litespeed some playing time.  Sunny and 60 degrees, perfect.

I road over to Silver Road and pedaled up to Mechanicsburg Road.  It was not the first time I stopped by the pond to take a picture of a nice sky to the east.

Clouds and sky abound.

On my way to Flickinger hill I spotted the bicycle road sign near the new park and paved trail that spits out onto Mechanicsburg.

One is about to pass by.

Having never checked out the new path, I spun a lap to say I did.

No potholes, that's for sure.

Another evidence that it's been a while since I've ridden on the road: several weeks ago I bought a new pair of fingerless gloves... this was their first use.  I was tired of my red turned pink gloves that have been in service the past several years.  I figure the worst these will do is fade to gray and that's okay.

Black replaces pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment