Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Daniel rolls his own!

Mr. Daniel is now self-propelled!  After great success on his Strider balance bike we have debated on whether or not to put training wheels on his little pedal bike.  I really didn't want to.  He could coast along with his feet up, balancing on the Strider.  Pedaling was all that was missing.

Today after work I took him out into the cul-de-sac with his pedal bike.  It seemed I was constantly holding him up as we attempted to ride in a loop.  After ten minutes I was tired of being hunched over, keeping him upright.  We went in the house for dinner.

After dinner Daniel said he wanted to ride some more.  Reluctantly I agreed to take him out into the street again.  After a couple minutes of supporting him I decided to give him a chance on his own... and he took off!


Katie came out with the camera for a couple short clips.  Of course after the camera was gone he was doing even better, riding circles and figure 8's "all by myself"!

 A still from the vid.  He's doing it!

We were super impressed.  Three and half and riding on his own.  Daniel has already asked about going on a bike ride with us.  It won't be long!

Thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment