Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow Tires Activate

When we bought the Mazda3 back in June I also bought a set of snow tires mounted on steelies.  As fall passed by and the calendar said winter was here, I was not sure when to put the snow tires on.  I decided to wait until the first real snow so I could see how the car handled with the regular tires and then how it would handle with the snow tires.

 Salty car, snow tires stacked and ready to go.

Our first real snow was Friday.  The car did okay but I definitely had to be cautious while accelerating not to break the tires free, same with braking.  So today, Daniel helped me put on the snow tires.

Daniel really did help, spinning the
lug nuts off after I broke them free. 
Daniel was very interested in this job.  He helped move the four way and jack from wheel to wheel, helped me roll the tires around, and kept calling the lug nuts "walnuts".  Oh well, I knew what he meant.

Job done.  I kind of like the looks
of the blacked out wheels.

1 comment:

  1. I swear by blizzak's (great on ice and snow). Poor man's AWD. I run them on my Sienna. I run old snow tires on the other minivan. The last place you want to be in a snow storm is in a ditch with the kids in the back of the vehicle.

    ReplyDelete