Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Night Riding

It's been too long since getting out on a ride.  Today I promptly left work and headed home to get out on the road.  It was strangely warm for December, in the mid 40's during the day, but I dressed for lower temperatures knowing I'd ride past sunset.

Still sunny on my first pass through the swamps.

The roads were dry but crunchy with all the salt left behind thanks to weather forecasts including the threat of ice and snow.  No accumulated snow yet this year and it has not been consistently cold.  I'm sure the mountain bike trails could benefit from some sub-freezing temperatures to prevent getting muddy.

I typically reject the urge to take pictures of road kill,
but I couldn't pass this one up.  A big snapping
turtle along the road in the swamps.
As the sun sank in the sky I fired up the head light and enjoyed watching the sunset from aboard a bike.  It was dark when I rolled up the driveway, satisfied from having been out on the back roads.
Sunset on my second pass through the swamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment