Sunday, April 10, 2011

Too nice to pass up

The legs felt pretty good this morning after yesterday’s longer ride. Eating well and stretching must have done the trick. Even so, I really did not plan on a ride today.

KT took Daniel for a picture session in Ashland late this afternoon, and I made a spontaneous decision to head to Mohican for a short ride. Within minutes of KT leaving I was loaded up and out the driveway.

Grape eatin' on the run.

I rode the first four miles and was going to take the short loop back, but I decided to backtrack for a little more riding time. Once again the new bike felt great. I have made several modifications to the bike and will have to post some specifics later.

Sneak peak at drivetrain modification.

On today’s ride I tried to spin a little more than usual to prevent over doing it after yesterday’s ride, and I was feeling good. It was just a nice, short mountain bike ride and the first time in short sleeves this year.

What a difference a day makes in Ohio’s weather! (I’m stating the obvious here.) Yesterday it was in the 40’s and overcast. Today it was 82 when I left for the ride and sunny as could be. Tomorrow’s forecast: high in the low 50’s and rain. Oh well, at least it’s not supposed to snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment