Saturday, April 2, 2011

Grandpa Franks Visit

It's been a long time since I've been to my grandfather's grave.  This morning, while KT and Daniel were stuck in the house under the weather, I headed out on a ride without much of a plan as to where I would go.  As it turned out I ended up riding by Reedsburg and saw the cemetery from a distance.  Remembering my grandfather I stopped in to visit his grave.


 
This is how it ends for everyone.  No matter how many
miles we ride or how many good intentions we have.

 
But Christ represents us, if we ask, and makes
this the beginning instead of the end.

I continued on my ride, thinking of my grandfather, a short while later I spotted no less than eight deer out in a field.  Fitting because my grandfather was an avid outdoors-man and hunter.  I stopped to snap a picture and captured about half the herd crossing the road.

A deer paceline.

No comments:

Post a Comment