Sunday, May 9, 2010

Top Down Approach

Here's a new idea I'm working on, it's my top down approach
to getting dressed for a morning commute.  :-)

If I'm going to ride to work, I like to set out my gear the night before in order to make a quick, mindless departure in the morning.  We're talking alarm clock sounds at 6:30 and I'm pedaling down the driveway by 6:40.  To accomplish this requires a game plan and my new game plan uses the basement steps.

On each step of the basement stairs I set a piece of apparel.  The items are arranged in the order they should be put on, planned out based on the weather forecast for tomorrow.  Simply enough, open the basement door, step down, put on item, step down, put on item, etc, etc, and by the time I reach the last step I should be ready to roll out, after grabbing my bike from around the corner and hiking back up stairs of course.  Minimal thinking is involved, which is good when I'm still half asleep from waking up only 4 minutes ago.

Tomorrow, if all goes as intended, will be my second usage of this method.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment