Saturday, March 30, 2013

New Knob Fun

They have been busy over the winter at the Knob.  I'm not sure why I never thought to check for work days taking place, I guess I didn't think frozen ground allowed trail work.  Ryan and I met at the Knob this morning for a ride.  Lorson arrived just as we were about to roll out, so we waited a few minutes to roll with him.

Lots of leaf cover at the bottom of Junk Hill.

He was in the know about the new opening section of trail and gave us a guided tour.  The first half mile is the same as last year, then the new stuff comes into play.  Lots of fast downhill, some jumps, tabletops, and doubles contribute to the fun, as well as some berms.  Eventually it's back on the "same 'ol" trail when you drop down the ravine towards the Cradle, which is currently closed.

Ryan snagged this picture as I
came out of the Over/Under.

We rode the first lap and found some mud along the way.  At the end of the first lap we met up with Lorson again and he gave us another guided tour, this time of the new double enduro loop.  We did a couple laps before John had to take off.  This was some fun riding.

Another ride, another muddy bike.

Ryan and I headed back out for a second lap, bypassing the Over/Under and Junk Hill for the sake of time.  It was a fun day at the Knob, the first time there this year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment