Friday, May 20, 2011

Muddy Knob

Friday is a good day of the week, and knowing all day long my bike and gear were in truck and I was meeting Ryan for a ride at the Knob after work made it even better.  There were a handful of vehicles there when I pulled.  I guess we were not the only ones glad to get out after another week of wet weather.  We hoped the last couple days of no rain had been enough to dry the course.

We talked to the Soupcan guys before rolling out.  The first portion of the course was in good shape, a few puddles but nothing too wet.  Later in the ride we encountered some really wet sections with lots of standing water.

 Ryan coming up the access rode at the end of our ride.

After finishing a lap we decided to head out for another half lap.  I enjoyed riding the Cradle for the first time but didn't fair so well on the switchbacks.  Once again we squished our way through the wet sections and bailed at the top of the Furnace to get back to our vehicles.

It was a great way to spend a Friday evening!  And I'll be spending tomorrow morning washing this filthy bike.

Dried on mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment