Saturday, January 29, 2011

No More Sick

What a fun past couple weeks.  Two weeks ago I came home after work on Friday thinking about what movie to watch during a long trainer ride the next day.  My plans changed when I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and severe body aches.  A week later the flu was gone but I was tired and weak.

The past couple days I've felt some energy back but have held off on doing anything.  Today I had enough and thought it was time for a ride.  The roads were clear although littered with cinders so I put on the cross tires and fenders.  I've never used my fenders with cross tires but a quick adjustment of the fenders allowed ample clearance.

Planet Bike fenders over a Ritchey Speedium cross tire.

I had planned to ride a short loop but was feeling okay and I added on distance a couple times.  I ended up out past Moreland and riding on James Road.  Eventually I turned towards home and was met with a cold headwind.  For some reason I never even thought about wind direction as I chose my route.  Oh well, I stayed mostly warm.

Riding through the swamp on a snow covered road.
All the other roads on the ride were clear pavement.

There nothing like being down and out for a couple weeks to make you really appreciate getting out on a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment