Thursday, August 5, 2010

Riding Past Sunset

Last night I went out for a ride of unplanned direction and length.  I didn't leave until about 7pm and I knew sunset was about 8:50.  With the camera in my jersey pocket I road west and enjoyed views of the setting sun. 

 Riding westward in the evening made for nice views.

Several times I came to a route decision and opted to not begin the route back home.  Eventually I realized the sun was plummeting and I needed to aim for home.  My blinky light was flashing as I road home in the last bits of light.  It was a nice ride.

The sun dropped out of the sky as I turned for home.

1 comment:

  1. You know, that last shot is pretty sweet. There's a little bit of everything in there: a nice horizon silhouette with the tree on the left, cool cloud formations, and lots of contrast. I've taken some of my favorite photos while on bike rides and taken in quite a few more awesome views even when I'd left the camera at home.

    ReplyDelete