Saturday, March 6, 2010

Receding Snow

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I updated the ol' blog.  Probably because there have not been many outdoor rides with pictures to share.

Since the new year I've been riding the rollers and trainer in the basement about four days per week.  To pass the time I bought the season one box set of Alias.  Agent Bristow kept me reasonably entertained while doing intervals below ground.

Prior to the record big snow of February, I had been able to get out for several rides including a couple commutes to work.  Now the snow is beginning to recede as we are treated to some warmer temperatures.  Ryan and I headed out for a couple hour ride on clean roads today.

Heading west, towards the Overton Valley.

The third week of April Ryan and I are heading to Boone, NC for about a week of riding and camping.  We missed doing a spring cycling trip last year, so this one is highly anticipated.  Instead of renting a cargo van for the trip we are going to pack up my truck.  With my new truck cap, new to me anyhow, I have a plan that will allow us to transport the bikes inside the bed of the truck in addition to all our camping and cycling gear.

I've been scouring the Road Cycling in the Blueridge High Country guidebook for routes in the Boone area.  Looks like there are many climbs to be had in the Boone area.  If the weather is good, we should have a great week of riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment