Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Workin' Like an Elf

How many days until Christmas?  I've been working feverishly down in the wood shop to complete a couple Christmas gifts.  As much as I would like to post some pictures, that could ruin the surprise for a recipient of one of these items.  So, here are some pictures of gifts I made last year.


 Mahogany door mat with inlaid stone.



Turned bottle stoppers.
  

Knife and Kydex sheath.

 

Clock.
  

Box with knife inside.

The knives were a first.  Entertaining to make but a lot of work.  I'd have to make quite a few more to even think about being proficient at it.  I made two Mahogany door mats but only have a picture of the one.  Oh yeah, I made Katie a tall jewelry box too, we do not have any pictures of it.

It was a quite a few projects last year.  I'm not making nearly as many items this year, and I should probably start working on Christmas gift in February to be able to complete everything!

I can say I'm looking forward to two weeks of vacation from work over the holidays.  During this time I expect to break out of these "rest weeks" and get on the bike.  In the meantime, I'll continue making sawdust and breathing finishing fumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment