Thursday, July 12, 2012

First Time Riding Reagan

Today after work Noah and I left the office and headed to Reagan Park in Medina.  I've never been there before and often thought about making a visit.  Noah, proud new owner of a Trek dual sport bike, had ridden some of the trails.
Noah on the Huffman Trail.

We rode the Huffman Trail first, it was ridden in and dry.  There were plenty of twists and corners but not much in the way of rocks or roots.  With the Paragon awaiting fork service I was on the Karate Monkey.  I quickly realized this was going to be fun riding on the quick handling Monkey.
Creepy tree on the Annex Trail.

The Huffman Trail connected us to the Annex Trail and the Annex Trail connected to the River Trail.  This is where things got interesting.  It was not so obvious how these trails went together and the few trail markings I saw were more confusing than helpful.  No big deal, we had fun finding our way.  It's less than 3 miles of trail in these two loops so a wrong turn or backtrack here or there is of little penalty.  I'm sure it makes better sense after several rides.

Noah pedaling hard out of a corner on the Reagan Park Trail.

It took a couple tries but we found the trail to cross the road and deliver us to the Reagan Park Trail loop.  The trail direction was obvious for a while but there were a couple confusing intersections.  Mostly there was more dry, dusty conditions with plenty of curves.  An occasional, short uphill or downhill kept it interesting but there were certainly no climbs.

Somewhere along the way, after I repeated a particularly curvy section of trail for the fun of it, I had Noah board the Karate Monkey.  I think he liked it as he took off and tore around on it pretty good.  Meanwhile I rode his dual sport and tried to not to crunch myself on a bike with saddle 2" too high for me.

I think it was Ray from Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park.

Back to our vehicles the bikes were covered in dust.  It's not like mud where you have some clumps in the expected places, it was solid dust over the whole bike.  I can say there is some fun to be had at Reagan Park and having a little better idea of how the trails link together will make it more straight forward next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment