Monday, May 28, 2012

To the Parade and Back

Sunday was a true day of rest after the roofing project.  I lost 8 pounds in the last couple days, certainly all from sweat.  Thankfully today is Memorial Day and a day off work.

So... there's a little race called the Mohican 100 coming up.  Am I going to do it for the fist time this year?  I think so but I have not registered yet,  Thursday is my deadline.

With the roofing project behind me, I headed out
for a little road ride.

The event of the day is the Memorial Day parade in Shreve.  We have taken Daniel to this parade the past several years and this year would be Ellen's first.  I decided to ride down to Shreve and meet the family for the parade.

Onward... to the Mohican 100?

With my chosen route it took me a little over and hour to get to Shreve.  I found everyone and took up a nice shaded spot along Main Street.  It was the start to another hot and humid day but the crowd was still out for the parade.

Front row seats.

After the parade I took another one hour route to get back home.  It felt good to be pedaling after all the bending over and roof walking.









No comments:

Post a Comment