Saturday, December 3, 2011

Slight Miscalculation

Finally made it out for a ride.  It was 53 and sunny when I left the house, not bad for December.  I didn't pay too much attention to the wind direction and just started riding.  SR539 is a seldom traveled state route with nice pavement and, as I road north, I kept thinking my effort and speed were not matching up.  Yeah, a tail wind was pushing me along.

 Someone planned ahead with silage for the winter.

After riding west and then turning back south my effort and speed were not matching up again.  This time the wind was hurting and not helping.  Somewhere about this time the sun started to get low in the sky and was obscured by clouds.  It felt like the temperature dropped ten degrees.

My intention of 1.5 to 2 hour ride turned into 2.5 hours and I was pretty chilled when I made it home.  Still, as always, it was good to be out.

No comments:

Post a Comment