Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Daylight Leak

Made it out to the knob after work for a ride.  I had hoped to be riding by 4:30, knowing sunset was at 6:22 tonight.  It was after 5:00 by the time I unloaded my bike and was ready to roll.  Oh well, maybe just one lap.  Plus, I was not sure how I'd be feeling with the incessant cough still hanging on.

This was the sun status as I drove the dirt road
to the Knob about 5pm.  It was gettin' down.

It was warm, I think the car display said 63 when I pulled in.  Shorts and short sleeves were just right.  The course was in good shape too.  They added some pallets in the typical puddles of Mazeville and they seem to be making a difference.

After finishing the first lap the sun was getting low, but I figured a partial second lap was in order.  At the first opportunity to short cut back I kept riding.  At the second opportunity, top of the Furnace, I could see my car and knew the sun was nearly done for the day.  Too much fun, I kept riding.

It was 6:35 when I made it back to the car after lap number two.  The sun had set but there was plenty of light remaining.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment