Saturday, October 9, 2010

Camping with Daniel!

On the way home from work I called KT to confirm the plan... Daniel and I were going on our first camping trip tonight!  Daniel was excited when I walked in the door and we began gathering up our gear.  It was going to be a truck camping trip as I figured this would be easier should it be necessary to come home in the middle of the night, but there was no early bail out on this trip.


 Campin' in a truck bed.

We drove down to Grandma and Grandpa's woods and found a spot to park the truck.  Daniel always likes to play in the back of the truck and he really liked the idea of "sleep all night in truck!" (his description for our adventure).The first order of business was to "setup camp".  We inflated our camp mats and laid our sleeping bags.  I issued Daniel his very own flashlight.

 Ready for bed, the first time.

After peein' on a tree in the woods, with the aid of his flashlight, Daniel and I read some books.  I turned off the lantern and told Daniel it was time for bed.  As he waived his flashlight across the inside of the truck cap I fell asleep.  Apparently Daniel did not...

I woke up to the realization that a flashlight was pointed at the right side of my head.  Without stirring too much I squinted to my side and saw Daniel down on all fours, flashlight in hand, staring at my head.  He slowly whispered to himself with great enthusiasm, "Daniel looking in Daddy's ear!"

After some laughing I told Daniel it was really time for bed and I confiscated his flash light.  We zipped him in his little sleeping bag and Daniel slept all the way through the night.

In the morning we awoke with the sunrise to a 40 degree temperature.  After a walk and pee in the woods we drove home.  Daniel was excited to tell mommy about his big campin' trip.  We'll have to do it again soon but I'm not sure how many more nights will be warm enough this year.

Checking out the woods first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment