Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back in Germany... in Greenville

My plan was to go to downtown Greenville tonight.  Part of the attraction was to visit George Hincapie's store but when looking up directions I found it closes at 5pm.  With one less reason to fight traffic and decipher directions I decided not to go downtown.

When searching the web for restaurants near to my hotel I found a German restaurant, the Schwaben House (www.schwabenhouse.com).  It was less than 10 minutes down the road.

 The restaurant was in a plaza.

I ordered Sauerbraten (marinated roast beef) served with dumplings and a Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen.  Wow, the food was good.  It brought back memories of my week in Germany a couple years ago.  This makes sense because Schwaben is a district in Bavaria, Germany.  Part of my stay was also in Bavaria.

This is what followed a nice salad.

Tomorrow after work I'm planning to head over to Croft State Park to check out their mountain bike trails.  I think tonight's meal topped off my energy stores in prep for another ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment