Saturday, June 5, 2010

Squeezed in a (Mostly Dry) Ride

With a wedding to attend this afternoon and rain in the forecast I didn't think a ride would be part of today.  Late morning Daniel and I went to the basement so I could clean the Litespeed, which was still dirty from the rain we encountered on the club ride Wednesday night, and Daniel could clean his trike.  Of course 45 seconds after our cleaning session began Daniel was ready for another source of entertainment.  I hurried to finish my cleaning and in the process decided I wanted to ride my freshly cleaned bike.

Despite the massive presence of green on the radar I found a gap between blobs on the map.  After a quick lunch I rolled out for a short ride.  The plan was to ride out to Flickinger Hill and do a climb or two before coming back.  On the way out the skies were cloudy but just at the radar picture promised, dry.

Down, up, down, up, down, up on Fry Road.

After a second climb up Flickinger I decided to start the ride back home.  The skies were not terribly threatening but I remembered how small the window of non-rain was on the radar map.  After pushing it up Silver Road I was met by a very light rain that would accompany me the rest of the way home.  It was rather refreshing giving the high humidity of the day.

This was the radar image moments after I
arrived home, just south of Wooster.

About five minutes after arriving home the rain really began to come down.  I guess this has been the story of the past two weeks, intermittent strong showers.  Watching out the back door and seeing the rain soak the landscape, I was glad my ride brought me home without delay!

A not so uncommon scene these past couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment